Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Muddy

Well last Monday evening the rain began to hit really hard. We had FHE with a member and they brought their non-member friend Savannah. It was awesome. Afterwards we had another appointment but we had to go over a hill. We have started to name all the hills in our area. This particular hill was named Mount Doom. It was pretty big. So as we were riding down Mount Doom in the pouring rain all the sudden Elder Phair's brakes stopped working. This was incredibly inconvenient. Especially because there was a car that was driving at about the same speed right next to us so Elder Phair couldn't swerve around. All the sudden I hear him scream, "ELDER!! ELDER!!!" I didn't know what to do, so in my genius I did nothing. He had no choice but to slam into me and we both crashed to the ground. It's the first bike wreck of my mission. We were surprisingly just fine. The only thing that happened is I got two holes and some dirt on my pants, and some bruises. We ignored them and went back to work.

Besides bike wrecks we taught a lot of lessons. We are really starting to get some progressing investigators which is always so fun. We helped Kirsten this week in her yard. She had 3 bushes that needed to be taken out. It was really invigorating using a shovel and getting muddy. We got those bushes out in an hour and asked her whats next. She said, um I don't know. So we set up another lesson which was yesterday and went great. She works on most Sundays which is annoying.

During our weekly planning session we were trying to think of what we could do to teach Matt a 17 year punk. We ended up deciding we would bribe him with candy. So in our next lesson with him we brought a bunch of oreos. We said if you get the answer right you can have an oreo. It was like primary all over again. But it worked! He got way into it and really wanted to get the next oreo. It was neat.

We taught Natalie again and she is still amazing. She always asks the best questions. We went into the lesson planning on setting a date with her and teaching her an awesome lesson. BUT when we came for the lesson she hadn't read from the Book of Mormon like she promised so we read with instead. We will hopefully set a date with her this week.

Then we went on exchanges. It's incredibly weird going on exchanges and not being the one in charge. It was pretty relaxing. But not really because i went with Elder Palmer who didn't have anything planned. I looked at the day we had planned which was pretty full and sadly erased it all. We ended up trying to fill our day with good things to do and we were richly rewarded. The Lord blessed us with people to teach and we found some new investigators.

I wish I could tell you about all the people we taught this week. There just isn't enough time and I think about them all and I get overwhelmed. But I will tell you this, This is the best time of my life I love it. I love Elder Phair he is fantastic!!!

Love You All,

Elder Johnson