Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stupendous week

Stupendous week this week. Things are really starting to fall together. Last week I forgot to tell you about Elder Postel. We are in a tri-panionship, a tri-fecta, or a three-some however you want to say it. We call ourselves the Tri-force and we have our own cheer and symbol. Ok I guess I should say I call ourselves the tri-force and have a cheer and a symbol. My companions are incredibly unenthusiastic about the whole idea. Elder Postel is a really cool guy. He doesn't like to talk. He reminds me a lot of me when I first came out. He has been out for 6 months and just came from Bend.

So on tuesday we had a meeting in Eugene for all the trainers which was great. On the way back we got a text from Natalie. She asked if we could reschedule our appointment we said yes can we meet tomorrow and she said "I was thinking next week. I'm not trying to push you guys away. I have decided that I do want to be baptized." We were super excited. We convinced her that we needed to meet with her once though and we had a very strange lesson. We taught the 10 commandments and Sabbath day and stuff. At the end we invited her to watch a baptism to see what it's like and Jake said "no we have already met enough. Lets not meet for a week or so." We just gave each other "the look." The look is an interesting experience in a companionship. It is the moment when you pass over the lesson to the next person. We have been working on "the look" for a while because I have the tendency to talk way too much. This is something I NEVER thought I would have a problem with because I don't like talking. But when it comes to teaching I just love sharing it. Anyways "the look" in this case was used because none of us knew what to say. We were all trying to pass it to each other. Finally I spoke up and said, "do you still want to be baptized?" She said yes. To make a long story short they just were sick of meeting so much. We were meeting twice a week and they had other things they had to do. But let me tell you it is quite disconcerting to have your investigator that wants to be baptized tell you they don't want to meet with you. But we talked at chuch on Sunday and they are still good to go. But it probably won't be this Saturday but next Saturday.

We had a cool experience this week. Because we ride bikes it gives us the opportunity to talk to a lot of people. We just stop on our bikes helmet on and everything and just talk about the gospel. It's kinda awkward but who cares. Anyways it's been a little too awkward for Elder Phair and lately he has been passing them by. One morning in our training we roleplayed talking to someone while on our bikes. Then I invited him to do it today. So he rode in front and the second person we talked to was a girl named Sarah. She had been invited to church by her mormon friends a couple times but she had never made it. So we invited her again. This time she came. It was cool she came and really enjoyed it.

We took Kirsten on a chapel tour this week. She liked it I think. She is just reading the Book of Mormon like crazy she is past Alma 21 now. Her big thing is that she can't come to church because she works most Sundays. She said she could come next week. Tonight we will have a very important lesson where we invite her to try to find a way to come to church. It will be intense.

Well thats about it for me. Better get going! Love you all and have a wonderful week!

Love Elder Johnson