Today we went to the temple. It was awesome we just got back. This is why I didn't write yesterday because p-day is on Tuesday this week.
Last week after we finished e-mailing we went with some other Elders and played some volleyball. It was great fun. Elder Phair jumped up to block a spike, missed it and landed on his right ankle instead of his foot. Quite strangely he managed to stay standing. And suddenly exclaimed, my ankle hurts. And proceeded to limp off the court. Unfortunately he sprained his ankle very badly. Fortunately this gave us the opportunity to request a car from our counterpart missionaries. They handed over the keys with dismay and we have enjoyed driving by car this whole week. We have contemplated pushing Elder Postel down the stairs so as to maintain our privilege of the car. :)
Other than sprained ankles we have had an awesome week this week. We have witnessed miracles with Kirsten. She was set to be baptized on December 8th. The only problem was that she had only come to church once and she needed to come twice and she worked that Sunday. We fasted that she would be able to get work off. We had a lesson on Sunday and she told us she was 90% sure had got it off. But there was another concern that had arisen. She had to quit coffee. She has drunk coffee her whole life and has no desire to quit. This coming Sunday she came to church and since it was fast Sunday (and we figured, hey it worked the first time.) we decided to fast that she would be able to quit coffee. Now it comes time for another one of those I-never-thought-I-would-use-this-skill moment. Before my mission I had a sincere liking for Pero, a substitute for coffee. I had perfected it to taste really good and I had it nearly every day. I hadn't had it all on my mission. On Saturday we taught Kirsten that she needed to quit coffee, she was devastated. I told her about Pero and how much I liked it. She said maybe if it tastes exactly like coffee. Right before the night ended we went to Winco and bought her 3 things of pero. On Sunday morning we brought them all by her house. The second we knocked on her door she was taking her first few sips of her daily coffee. And we showed up with Pero. She exclaimed I knew you guys were going to come! She quickly mixed it up (with my perfected instructions mind you (ps if you ever want to try pero, never try it with water because it's nasty. You always have to have it with milk and a lot of sugar.)) She tried it and said, "I can do this." She has not drunk any coffee since then. YAY!
She will not be able to be baptized this Sunday because she doesn't feel ready and because she is still struggling to quit coffee. I won't lie. I am extremely sad that she will not be able to be baptized this Saturday. But I care far more about Kirsten and her salvation and her being ready for it than me being able to be present for the baptism. Yes the truth must finally come out. I am going home soon. This may be the last letter I write to you all. I love my mission with everything I am. And I love the people here with all my heart.
Farewell to you all I pray that we will all be able to stay in touch forever. I love you all!
Elder Johnson