So this week Elder Mauchley finally decided to tell me that Dallas, Oregon is like the anti-mormon capitol of the world!!!!!!!!! Well technically it isn't anymore, but it used to be like 20 years ago or something. Dallas is also the capital for the KKK for the northwest. Like no joke. The KKK. But despite all of this, Dallas is still an awesome place. The people here are very religious most of them hate our guts but, they don't really show it. Normally they're just like, "We're not interested," and shut the door on us. But there is a select few that actually want to change their lives. These people are the elect. They are ready to change. Let me tell you about some of the elect that we have found in Dallas.
So the first one is Matthew. We were tracting the other day and we come up to this house. There is some seriously loud rap music being played and it's my turn to knock. I look over at Elder Mauchley and say, "this is gonna be fun." I did not have any confidence in these people. But....I knocked on the door anyway. The music turned down. This girl answered the door and I stumbled really badly with my words but finally asked them if they wanted to learn more about families or something. Then all the sudden this guy (Matt) came out of nowhere and said, "hey, Mormons! I'm baptized with you guys." It turns out that this guy had been baptized like a few years ago and he hadn't really come to church much. He said that he had made a lot of really stupid choices but that now he was ready to change his life. He said he wanted to come back to church. This guy is elect! He totally just wants to change. He has a fiance named Shasta who is not Mormon. They both came to church yesterday. Matt also brought his niece named Ariana. She's like 11. When we were at the door she said she wanted to be baptized. Yeah, she said she wanted to be baptized!!!!!!! We didn't even ask her, she just said it. Me and Elder Mauchley were like ,"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well we didn't say that right then but about 30 seconds latter. So yeah, these people are totally ready to change their lives. I'm so excited to teach them.
Next we have Joanne and Johnathon (J.J.). We have been teaching them for the past couple of weeks but something horrible happened yesterday. They didn't come to church :( We were so sad. They seemed to be doing so well. We had just set up a baptismal date for them on Jan. 29. I don't really know why she didn't come but I think it might be because she's used to going to church whenever you want not because you have to.
There's some other people too like Mark Stevens. We were talking to him the other day and found out that his dad was murdered. Wow. That must be hard. But he really is looking for something to fill the gap in his heart.
Anyways that's some of the elect that we are teaching. There's a lot more but I don't have time to write about them. Guess What!!!!!!!!!! Me and Elder Mauchley get to watch the Ducks game. President macdonald said we could cuz it's on our p-day so I'm going to watch it today. I'm really excited. Wow there is so much more I want to tell you about Dallas, but alas. Elder Mauchley is telling me we have to go.
Thank you for all your support and your prayers!!!!!! I love you all
Elder Johnson