Monday, January 31, 2011

hey y'all peeps

Whish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the sound of this week flying past. It feels like one day since I sat here to e-mail y'all (ya'll for the uneducated copyright Keith Johnson). Wow what has happened in between? I can't remember. Time to take out my planner. Ok so this wednesday we had this awesome vacation. The only vacation they let you take on a mission. We went to the portland temple. It was really cool. It took about an hour to get there. It really did feel like a vacation. It was kind of an all day affair so we weren't able to get much work that day. Actually we weren't able to do a whole lot of work this week in general.

So remember how I told you about Raejean? Well we had another good lesson this week. She said that she was going to come to church. Then we talked to Matt and his niece Ayanna (by the way Matt and his fionce, Shasta, broke up this week, so that was kinda hard for him). They both said they were coming to church. Then we talked to Julie Wyatt and her children George and Melanie. They said they would come to church. Then we talked to.....ok we talked to a bunch of people who all said they would come to church. We were expecting 10. For a place like Dallas that is a LOT of investigators coming to church. Saturday night I was thinking about all the people that would be coming to church and my heart was full with joy. Not because of the good work me and my companion had done. But because all these people were trying to change their lives. I thought that I was beginning to understand how Ammon felt after thousands of lamanites were converted. He rejoiced so much. I felt a little bit of that. It was an awesome feeling....but.... guess how many showed up........0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What!!??????!!!! That kind of made discouraged. I don't even know how it happened. One thing after another and they all were either sick, busy, couldn't get a ride, and some other lame excuses. Well I guess not every week can be amazing. This week we are cracking down hard and we are gonna make sure that these people make it to church.

Anyways as for some good news this week. We were just tracting down this road looking for some apartments. We passed the apartments on accident and then came back to knock on some doors. We knocked on one door, then out of nowhere this lady came up to us and said, "hi Elders." We were like huh? She introduced herself as sister Yoder. She was a less-active and a part member (part member means that her husband is not a member). Her name is Amber Yoder and her husband's name is Jeremy Yoder. It just so happened that she recently had decided to come to church. And there's more, she said she and her husband wanted to meet with us this week! Oh my gosh! We set up a dinner appointment with them and went our merry way. Elder Mauchley turned to me and said, "Well, that's the reason why the Lord wanted us to go to these apartments." The Lord really does look after us and put us in the right spot and the right time. I feel it everyday. It's amazing! There was a reason why we "accidently" passed the apartments once and then came back. So we could be there just as Amber was walking out.

So we had a good discussion with Amber and Jeremy on Friday. We just kinda got to know them and read a little bit out of the Book of Mormon. Jeremy has been through SO much stuff. I don't even want to get into it. But his soul is good and he wants to change. I get the feeling they both want to change. I hope so.

This week we also did a lot of tracting out in the boonies. This area is really big and it includes several small towns. There's Falls City which has like 500 people in it. And there's Rickreall which has like 200 people in it. Then there's a ton of places out in the outskirts of Dallas. So we tried to meet some people out in these places this week. The people out in the country seem to be more receptive. I think it's because they aren't used to people coming to their door so they're all like, "Come on in, have some cookies. Where are y'all from." No just kidding they're aren't that nice but they do seem nicer than they are in Dallas so that's good.

But yeah going on a mission rocks! If any of you are wondering if you should serve a mission just stop wondering right now. Make the decision now to go on a mission. It will bless you and the Lord's children. And all your wildest dreams will come true. Haha just kidding but seriously though. Well, you guys are the best. Thanks for all the stuff you send me. And for all the support.