Hey everybody how was Spring Break???? I heard that some of you had an awesome trip to Disney World. That sounds like a lot of fun. What else did you guys do for Spring Break? Well I hope to hear from you about it. This week was a pretty cool week. It started out with our trip to the coast which was AMAZING! But I think I already told you about that.
As far as the rest of the week goes we had a couple of awesome things happen. We kinda lost contact with James for a day and we were freaking out. We had an appointment with him and we went to his house and....he wasn't there. So we were all like NO! Because James was super solid. Luckily that same day we were headed down that same way and saw James getting into his car, so we immediatly stopped to talk to him. He said he was really sorry he just was getting cold feet about the baptism but we helped him out and comforted him. This week we also met with James again and we taught him the "stop smoking workshop." It's this little workshop/lesson thing we teach to investigators who have a problem with smoking. At the beginning they have to sign a paper that says they will never smoke again and then they have to take out a pack of cigarettes and crush them. I was kinda scared that James wouldn't do it cuz one pack costs 5 bucks. But he took each indivdual cigarette out and broke them all. He is done. I can tell that he really didn't have to much of a problem doing it so I feel like he is done smoking. We will be meeting with him ever day this week because come Friday the 22nd, he will get baptized!! I really feel like this time it will go through. But everybody pray for him that he will stop smoking completely and that he will grow in his desire to become a member of the church. It was pretty cool though because at our last appointment he brought his friend from Salem who is a less active member. She said she has decided to start coming to church. So she, James, and James' son Darian all came to church yesterday and it was awesome.
This week we got a call from Chuck Garinger that said he was a "bible christian" and that he didn't want to meet with us anymore. :( But, we also got a bunch of new investigators. So we are losing less investigators than we are gaining which is a good thing. We still haven't had a chance to meet with Ted but we have an appointment tonight so I really hope that will go through.
Yesterday we went to Rickreall and taught these 14-16 year old kids. They seemed super interested in the Book of Mormon and the teachings of the prophets. I have found that young people are extremely more receptive to the message we bring. So we will be teaching them more in the future. Two of them said they would be interested in being baptized in the future so that sounds awesome.
Well things are going really well for us here on the banks of the Rickreall Creek. I hope you guys are doing well too. Thank you for all your love and support I will write to you in about 1 week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Johnson