Monday, April 25, 2011

Money is the Best

Me and Elder Sheide wrote a Haiku:

Money is the best
It can buy you happiness
Oh wait, no it can't

We like to write haiku's when we have free time. Anyways other than writing Haiku's we actually have done some missionary work this week as well. This week has actually been awesome. We invited everybody to Easter Sunday and our efforts did not go to waste. We had 7 investigators at church and some other less-actives as well. It was awesome! I love seeing people come to church because it shows their outward devotion to God.

So James' baptism got postponed another week because of some more complications, but he is still just as solid as before. We have already taught him all the lessons so now we are just doing fun stuff for appointments. Last time we watched a movie about President Monson's life. He really enjoyed it. So his baptism will be on the 30th. Transfers will be on the 3rd of May and....well...I might get transferred. So I really hope that I get the opportunity to be at his baptism. Man if I do get transferred I am going to be really sad because I will miss Dallas a lot. It might be the KKK capital of the North west, but I have grown to love the people here SO much.

We went to the Portland Temple again this week. Man the temple rocks. It is just so spiritually lifting. It just picks me up and helps me keep going. While in Portland I also had the chance to go to the Olive Garden and get all you can eat bread sticks, soup, and salad. mmmmmmm, that was good.

So we taught Braden and Alicia Gentry again this week. Braden is in his twenty's and Alicia just had her baby. Born the day after Calder I believe. But anyways, we knocked on the door and nobody answered so we thought they forgot or something. Then we went about doing more missionary work and then I said to Elder Sheide, "why don't we just call Braden just to see whats going on?" So we did. He answered and said he was at home. Apparently he was home the entire time but didn't hear us knock. So we went back over and were able to have a lesson. Whew! Good thing we tried calling him. We had a pretty quick lesson and just read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon. But Elder Sheide felt impressed to set a baptismal date with Alicia. And so he asked her if she would want to get baptized and she accepted. Her baptism will be on the 14th of May. WOOT! When we talked with her about that day she said it sounded perfect.

So that is a little bit of the stuff we did this week. I hope you enjoyed your Easter. Have an awesome spring everybody!!!!!!!

With Love,

Elder Johnson


P.S. we just got permission to skype with the family on mothers day. Sweet!