Happy mothers day to all you mothers out there. You are the best of the best. Yesterday in sunday school someone read from the new testament how Christ honored his mother to the very end of his life. He made sure that someone would take care of his mother while he was on the cross. That really shows a lot about how much we should love our mothers. I love my mother and miss her a lot.
Well anyways Newport is AMAZING! It quickly became my favorite area so far. I mean I love the people in Dallas but I gotta say living on the coast is extremely beautiful. I also love the people I've met here so far. We cover one ward and one branch. The ward is huge! It's like bigger than a ward in Utah....maybe...but it is very strong which is always a great blessing to work with. At church yesterday we got like 5 referals right off the bat. It was awesome. I have a feeling that we are gonna see a lot of sucess here.
So let me tell you a little bit about our investigators. First there is Devon. She is a girl. She is really cool. She lives in this yurt thing which is a very small house out in the woods. We had a lesson with her the other day and asked her if she would get baptized. She said she wanted to. But she is afraid that her family will not accept her if she chooses that. So she didn't want to set a date yet. But she definitely wants to get baptized it's just a matter of time. She goes to all the ward activities and stuff so she's already fellowshipped and ready to go.
Next there is Dez. Dez is "married" to a less active member named Paul. He says he wants to start coming back to church because he knows that if he does he will have more opportunities. They came to church yesterday and seem pretty solid.
Then we have Lilian Hall. Her husband is Steve Hall and he is an active member. He is actually the one we stay with. Well he has like this separate apartment that he lets us stay in. Oh yeah and by the way, our apartment is the bomb.com. It is really large and has a pool table, a treadmill, a dishwasher, a washer, a dryer, and a guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so cool! I love living there.
So this last week we did something pretty cool. The high priests planned this French mother's day Luncheon. It was a blast. They needed a lot of help so we got dragged into it. But it was actually really fun. Especially because we got to wear these sweet chef hats and draw fake mustaches. I wish I could show you guys a picture but I accidently left my camera at home. Oh well.
Welp thats it folks. Again I hope everything went awesome for mother's day. Love you all.