Hey everybody! This week has been quite incredible. I would like to explain all the awesomeness of it and how my companion was justified in answering the phone by saying "Hello, Newport baptizing service how may I help you?"
So it started out pretty good by going to this awesome aquarium (see attached pictures). We got to see a bunch of sweet sea lions and otters. I especially love the Harry Otter shirt. I was about to buy it. It was a pretty fun experience. This monday we are going to a different aquarium. (all of these were free btw because of awesome members giving us free tickets).
So this week we were able to do some awesome work. We had a lesson with Devon and it went awesome. We talked to her about how her parents reacted when she told them that she wanted to get baptized and.....they were totally receptive!!!!! So she set a date for herself on the 28th of May. Woot! We just met with her again today and she is still doing really good. She wanted to get baptized in the ocean but I guess your not allowed to if you have a baptismal font in the church which we do. But she's super excited and ready.
This week we got 13.5 new investigators. The half a new investigator is this one girl who said she doesn't belive in God but that we can come over whenever we want. So we counted her as half a new investigator. But 13 is quite a large number for us.
So this week we did a little bit of work in Waldport. Waldport has a branch that is actually pretty decent sized. Me and Elder Mullenax went on exchanges on Sunday so I went to the Waldport branch and he stayed in Newport. Well while I was at Waldport I got to know a bunch of awesome people. At the end of the meeting this random member came up to me and said, "I have someone for you to meet." She then proceeded to introduce me to this lady named Paiisha (pronounced pay-sha) She is like hawiian or something. She has been coming to church for the past three weeks and since no missionaries have been there she still doesn't know anything about the church. So I taught her about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and gave her a Book of Mormon. She is totally solid. We set up a return appointment for next Sunday. And I can't wait for it.
Yesterday something crazy awesome happened. We went over to our landlord's house who lives right next door. His name is Steve Hall. He is a member and his wife, Lilian is not. We randomly decided to stop by last night and he let us in and we just started talking about stuff. Then all the sudden the spirit lead me to a scripture in 2nd Nephi 31 about why Christ was baptized. After I read that with them we asked if Lilian would be baptized and she accepted!!!!!! She will be baptized on May 28th. The same day as Devon. So my first baptism will be two baptisms at once. It is going to be amazing.
So Sunday evening we had already turned in our numbers to the district leader then after we talked with Lilian Hall we had to text him back and say we had some numbers to be changed. Then he called us because he was so amazed. Elder Mulli answered and said Newport baptizing service, how may I help you? He just laughed. This is crazy the work is really coming forth here.
I haven't heard anything from Dallas but I'm pretty sure that Alicia Gentry got baptized. As for James, I'm still eagarly waiting for a response. I told Elder Sheide that he had to write me when anybody got baptized.
Love Elder Johnson
PS Guess what???!?!?!? I've gained 20 pounds since I've been on my mission. I don't even know how it happened. I feel like I eat the same amount of food. Oh well!



