Devon got baptized!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! It was so spiritual. It just took place yesterday. She wanted to be baptized on Sunday morning and be confirmed that day in church. So we did as she requested and it went really good. So me and Elder Mullenax played this duet together of Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy. We both played guitar and sang in harmony. It was a blast. There were a ton of people at the baptism too. That's why I love this ward so much. They are so supportive of missionary work.
So that was basically the highlight of the week. It's my first baptism of my mission. So I was freaking out. Well other than that something crazy happened the other day. So we just went over to this member's house for dinner and then he said I hope you don't mind I also invited some friends of ours to dinner too. We were like that's awesome. We assumed they were non-members and sure enough when they got there they started acting mighty anti-mormon. His name was Bob. And Bob just started asking all kinds of questions about plural marriage and how blacks couldn't have the priesthood and stuff like that. He was bitter towards us. I kinda just wanted to leave and get outta there, but we stayed and endured all his mocking and what not. I was able to change the subject from off religion. We found out that Bob used to be a profesesional wrestler. He wrestled Andre the Giant a few times and he knew all those big wrestlers. We were just amazed and he started talking about all these famous actors that he knew back in the day like Dwane Johnson and Morgan Freeman. Finally I started talking to his son who is a senior in high school. I asked him if he had any plans for what to do next. He said oh just travel around somewhere. I asked him where and he said he didn't know yet. That's when Bob cut in and said, he's gonna turn in his mission papers. I thought he was joking so I went along with it. But Bob said, no really he is. He went on to explain that they were actually active members in the Waldport branch (which neither of us know very well). I felt jipped. But oh well he had a good laugh.
So earlier this week we were just walking around (can't remember what we were doing) and we get this phone call from a lady. Her name is Shari. She said she wanted to meet with us. So we happily took down her address and stopped by a few days later. She explained that about one year ago missionaries had come to her door and had given her their phone number. They told her to call if she was ever interested in learning more about the church. For some reason she always kept that number saved in her phone. Then she randomly decided that she needed a church to go to. So we went over and taught her about the Book of Mormon and prayer. It went really well. Shari has a friend named willetta who is actually a recent convert of five years but has been less active. They both want to start coming to church. It was awesome. As missionaries we give out our phone number to a ton of people and tell them to call us but nobody actually ever does. That's why it was so awesome that this lady did. Anyways we have high hopes for her.
We also met with Marie and her husband this week and she came to church again. It is really hard to teach them all together because Jack (her husband who is a less active) doesn't really seem like he is too interested in coming back. But Marie is totally wanting to progress. She came to church again this week. We will try to meet with her twice this week.
So yeah that pretty much does it for this week. It was AWESOME. Just like every other week on the mission.
Love you guys
Elder Johnson
