Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Witness of Birth and Death

Hello all! My name is Elder Johnson. We had a great week today. I got a phone call this Friday from President Macdonald and he said I will be witnessing the two extremes of the mission. I will see one missionary go home and one missionary come straight from  the MTC. He told me I will be training this transfer!!! So Elder Mullenax will be going home tomorrow and I will get a new companion named Elder Thomas. He's from Orem. Maybe some of you guys know him his first name is Elijah. I actually met this guy once. He was going to be in the play the Music Man with me. But I think he bailed out at the last second or something. But yeah from what I know of him, he is really friendly and just awesome. But it's pretty amazing that I know this guy cuz that like hardly ever happens. My last companion Elder Sheide was really good friends Elijah. When he found out that he was coming to the Oregon Eugene he freaked out and hoped that he would be able to train him. But I guess I stole him.

So we had zone conference and it was a very happy but sad meeting. This will be President Macdonald's last zone conference. So we were all really sad to see him go but I learned A LOT from this zone conference. That seems to happen at every zone conference. It's great. So President and sister Macdonald will be giving their homecoming talk on July 17 at 9:00 AM at the building on 1000 N Main Street in Orem. So if any of you guys want to meet my mission president that would be a great place to meet him. I'm pretty sure he'll remember me.

Well we met with Marie and her family this week. We asked her if she would be baptized and she said she would if she knew more about it. So we told her that we could definitely teach her more about baptism. I'm pretty sure she will get baptized along with her four children. That will be a great first experience for Elder Thomas. I'm so excited. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday but I feel like she had a legitimate reason.

We also met with Lilian...well kind of. We were invited in and then we were invited to play some wiffle ball outside. I was a little bit concerned that it wouldn't be a very good proselyting activity but it was really fun and we talked to one of Brother Hall's son's girlfriend. Named Alyssa. She has been to church in the past and she accepted to take lessons. She seems genuinely interested. So with Lilian we did get a chance to talk to her as well. She said that she still wants to be baptized but she just wants to let all of her kids know whats going on. So her kids will be here on Fathers day. So hopefully we can make that her baptismal date. We shall see.

Well this area is about to explode. There is about to be a ton of work happening. I can't wait! This week we have a bunch of appointments set up. This will be a busy first week for my new companion. Love you guys!

Love Elder Johnson