Let me just say right now, this has been the busiest week of my entire mission. We have taught so many lessons. We taught 25 lessons and many more small contacts with people. Elder Thomas is so hard working and so I put him right to work. When our appointments fell through we tracted and we didn't allow any free time. So needless to say I'm incredibly tired currently. But I just keep moving along. Let me tell you about all the awesome people we taught.
So the climax of this week is Marie and her three daughters Aubree, Sabien, and Kylee. We taught them and they accepted an invitation to be baptized on July 2nd! We texted the zone and everybody freaked out in a good way. I really hope everything comes into place with them. Jack seems to be more friendly and open to us coming over so that makes it easier.
Alright I want to take a few minutes to tell about how awesome Elder Thomas is and some sweet experiences. So Elder Thomas is adopted into a black family. His adopted parents were the first blacks to be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. His father was one of the few black members of the church before they were allowed to have the priesthood again. So Elder Thomas knows all about blacks and the priesthood and he has an amazing testimony. So the first night at daily planning I asked him to pick a spot for us to tract. He immediatly chose a spot on the map. The next day we went to that place. While we were there I remembered there was this less-active guy that lived near by and we decided to go see him. He was really cool. He just had one concern with the church. What was it? He was concerned about why blacks couldn't get the priesthood for a time. Well Elder Thomas took over and bore his sincere testimony about his father and how he received the priesthood. We were meant to be at that particular spot on that day. It was an amazing experience and it happened on his second day in the field! That is a good way to start off the mission.
Man I would love to tell you about every single person we taught this week but unfortunatly (just like every week) I'm running a little short on time. We are getting closer with Lilian Hall she said she is close to making the next step. We started teaching Wiley's girlfriend, Alyssa. Wiley is the son of Brother Hall (the one we are staying with). She seems to be pretty receptive.
We started teaching a boy named Tommy. He is about 16. His parents are Jehovah Witness and they don't know that we are teaching him. We asked him what his parents would think if they knew he was meeting with us and he said he would probably get grounded. I hope everything works out ok with that.
So on Monday we received a call from a lady in the ward saying she was going to bring someone to church with her on Sunday. We were pleasantly surprised. His name is Jay. We taught the Gospel principles class and he seemed to really enjoy it. We will try to set up another time to meet with him. Man I love this ward. People just take the next step with out even being asked to. I think it is because Newport has seen a lot of success in missionary work in the past and so they already know what to do.
But it has really been an awesome week. I don't even really feel like I'm training Elder Thomas because he already knows what he is doing. So everything goes great! Thanks for your love and support!
Love Elder Johnson
