Monday, August 22, 2011

Hola!

Well this week has been pretty good. We got this referral from a lady in the ward but she didn't know where her friend lived. Basically the only thing she knew about her was that her name was Kendra. So needless to say we had no way of contacting her. On Tuesday we had an amazing day planned. We had 6 lessons with a member present planned. We were super excited cuz the most I've ever got in one day is 5. I was excited to break the record. Well.....guess what? We got 0 on Tuesday. No joke. Everybody cancelled their appointments with us. Everybody. By the end we were just laughing about it. We ran out of ideas of things to do to keep busy so we decided we had to go tracting. We were driving down the main highway and I looked at Elder Thomas and said, "ok right or left." He thought for a second and said right. Then we turned right at the next road. We parked the car and started knocking on doors. We knocked on one and he wasn't interested. We knocked on the next door and it was Kendra! The referral that we had no way of contacting! Well we did have a way, and that way is through the Lord. The Lord knows all his children and he has prepared a way for all of them to recieve the restored gospel. Ha!

On Saturday we got to meet L. Tom Perry. He is a really funny guy in person. He taught us missionaries in the Oregon Eugene Mission. He said a lot of really cool things. He just started talking about the history of the priesthood and then he brought in a bunch of experiences in his life and then by the end he got really intense and just started bearing his testimony. Man I wish an atheist could have been in the room at that moment. They would have been truly convinced that there is a God. He testified that he had seen President Monson receive revelation and he knew that this church is run by Christ himself and not by man. We also got to hear Elder Clayton a member of the seventy who had a similar effect on me. Overall it was an intensely spiritual meeting.

Minnie is still doing great we began the new member lessons this week. Tony and Amber still have their date on Sept 3rd and Olivia didn't come to church again so we will probably have to move that date again. I don't think I told you guys about Susie and Brandon. Susie is the wife of a less active member named Danny. They have a son named Brandon and he has been coming to scouts. We have been working with them and they are really progressing. They came to church and love it. We taught them using the apostasy cups that Alyse gave me and they really enjoyed that lesson. They don't drink or smoke and they live on a farm. They are sweet! I'm really hopeful in working with them.

We had quite a few investigators at church so that tells me that we have quite a few people who will very soon be progressing. But I'm really sick of writing so I will talk to you guys later! Love you so much.

Love

Elder Johnson