Monday, August 8, 2011

What the road trip?

This was sent from Clint on July 25th.

What the roadtrip? Apparently Mom, Marci and Brian spontaneously decided to drive all the way across the country! That's so awesome. I love ridiculously spontaneous expenditures. I also love using huge words. I myself had a bit of a spontaneous travel this week. President Young wanted all the missionaries who are training and being trained to go to Eugene on Wednesday. Well that's about a 2 hour drive. Nothing compared to the days it must have taken to get to New York.

Anyways I am really short on time again this week. But we had an amazing thing happen. We started working with 2 families. Let me just tell you that as a missionary you LOVE families. And I've never really got the opportunity to work with any families but now we're working with 2! They are so sweet!......Dah I wish I could tell you everything about them. Dang it. We did a deep clean of our apartment this week and so that's why I don't have time. Well we set a date for Elnora to be baptized on Aug 20th. And Minnie came to church yesterday. Well actually we had like 8 people at church. Tommy, Minnie, Buck, Elnora, Turners 3 kids, and Tim. I'm not sure if those names mean anything to you. But let me just tell you that they mean A LOT to me. These people....bring me so much happiness. The fact that they are willing to change their lives is glorious in of itself, but I get to be a part of teaching them the gospel of Jesus Christ and that is what seals the deal. That is what makes missions awesome. Yeah

Love Elder Johnson