Monday, August 8, 2011

No words can describe

(I got behind on posting the last few letters from Clint. Please check out the last 3 posts - Lane)


wow. This week has been Amazing!!!!!!! We got a call on Tuesday from a girl in the ward saying that one of her friends wanted to be baptized! It was so awesome we were scared. We weren't able to meet the kid til Thursday. His name is Isaac. We talked to him for a while and we taught him the first lesson. Then we invited him to be baptized and said yes I want to. We were like ok how does next week sound? He was like um I leave to the military on Sunday but I would like to be baptized before then if possible. We were like wow. Thats very soon. That's in 3 days. That's when we found out that he had already been to the church a lot but just never got baptized because he was 16 and his parents wouldn't let him. He had already read the Book of Mormon twice and he wanted to serve a mission. Well to make a really long story short, the only day that would work for him to be baptized was Friday, the next day. So...I don't know how we did it but we went straight home started preparing for a baptism. We made a program we set up the chairs we invited all our investigators and a bunch of members. We left the church and went over to our car when I realized I didn't have my keys. AGH!!! We had locked ourselves out of the church. We called a member of the bishopric and he refered us to member nearby who had some keys. Then we had to try and find a ride for one of our investigators. We tried calling up an older lady but she couldn't hear us very well so we had to go over to her house and talk to her face to face. AGH!!! There was about three things going on all at once and there was only two of us. We couldn't do it, but somehow....we did. And the next day we went to Isaac's and taught him the Plan of Salvation and the commandments in 10 minutes (which usually takes at least 3 visits to teach). He had an interview with the District Leader and we had the baptism. And it went very smoothly. The spirit was very strong. We could only get one investigator to come to the baptism and that was Minnie. Minnie had her baptism date set for sept 11th. When she watched the baptism she was touched. We talked to her afterwards and she said she wanted to be baptized sooner. So we bumped the date up to Aug 14th.

This was an incredible, amazing, spectacular, week. We saw so many miracles. We had a ton of investigators at church on Sunday and I also had a family member in town. Yeah Alyse happened to be in Newport this week and she dropped off a bunch of candy at my house while me and Elder Thomas were having lunch. Wow that was very unexpected. I feel like I'm getting used to unexpected things though because they keep on happening. So I just take it as it comes and just hope that it all turns out ok. But the amazing thing is that it always turns out ok. I mean, when you have the Lord on your side it's impossible to fall. it's just like all those wars in the Book of Mormon. When they were doing what God commanded they won the war and everything turned out ok. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ can help all if they are willing. I love this work!

Oh yeah and I would encourage you guys to make a profile on mormon.org. It doesn't take very long and then you can invite any of your friends to look you it up. It has a place for you to bear your testimony and to answer questions. It's a really cool website and us missionaries refer people to it all the time. But yeah Love you guys so much!!!!!!!

Love Elder Johnson