Monday, September 19, 2011

It's raining baptisms

We had 2 baptisms!!!!!!!!!! 14 year old Brandon and 9 year old Tim. I baptized Tim and Elder Thompson baptized Brandon. They are not related but we were working with them individually and then they both decided that September 18th would be the best date for baptism. YAY! It was pretty cool for all 4 of us to be in white. That is the biggest most amazing news of the week. It was probably the most spiritual experience of my mission. But I say that for every baptism. They just keep getting better. Afterwards Tim said "that was fun" and Brandon said "that was the most amazing feeling I've ever had." They truly have changed so much. For Brandon he already knew a little bit about the church and he just drank up everything we taught him. For Tim he started out THE most hyper kid I've ever met. He still is but he's a hyper kid that understands what it means to be baptized. We taught him all the missionary lessons and he understands each one. I will tell you though, it was a challenge trying to figure out how to teach that kid. But the Lord inspired us and we focused on the baptism questions and showed him a lot of pictures.

Right after a baptism I usually feel like......ok now what? We have focused on this investigator so long who do we teach now? But that is not the way I feel now. We still have a lot of people to teach. We will focus on Susie this week (Brandon's mom) she said she will be baptized but she needs to know a little bit more.

This week we also set a date for Shari on Oct 9th. This is HUGE news but is kinda overshadowed with the baptism. We have been working with Shari for a long time and now she is finally ready. She just has to quit smoking!

Alright folks I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cut it short today because I'm running out of time.

Love you

Elder Johnson