Sunday, October 9, 2011

A really sick week

When I say sick I mean both sick and awesome. This week we had interviews with President Young which was really great. He told me that I have to finish training Elder Thompson so that I can go where the Lord needs me. It's really cool to see and know that President Young is so inspired. The next day I woke up and I was sick. I had a bit of a cold. I just felt really tired groggy. I really wanted to stay in bed. Instead I asked Elder Thompson for a blessing. Afterwards I felt a lot better. I was able to do the days work pretty well.

We had a bit of success in Waldport this week. When we were on our way to Albany for Interviews I was talking with Elder Thompson. I was telling him how back in the days of Joseph Smith people would seek out the missionaries because they wanted to know more. I was complaining to him and saying, that kind of stuff doesn't really happen in this day and age. That night we received a phone call from the Branch President in Waldport. He said that a new part member family had just moved in and the non-member father wanted us to come by and teach him. Wow! That showed me a lesson. I won't complain about that ever again. Miracles do still happen in this day and age. I mean back in Joseph Smith's time certain missionaries converted thousands. Well in this day, thousands of people are baptized every week. And not just in one place, all over the world people are changing their lives and coming into the fold. I heard that India now has a mission that has been created. The gospel is spreading to all the world. And I get to be a part of that. It is an absolute thrill. Every minute of my mission is a treasured moment. OK maybe not every moment. I know that when I woke up that morning and I was sick....well that wasn't necessarily a treasured moment. But I feel like I am changing the world for good and that is an excellent feeling.

This week we went to Brandon and Susie's house for dinner. They are AMAZING. They are turning into the most awesome recent conerts. Well Susie isn't even a member yet. But she pretty much feels like a member. At dinner we pretty much just asked her which day she wanted to be baptized. Normally we pick out the day and challenge them, but we both knew that Susie wanted to be baptized so we thought we would leave it up to her. She chose October 9th. I'm so excited.

October 9th is also the date for Shari and another one of our investigators named Nikki. But unfortunaly it doesn't look like either of those dates will go through because nikki hasn't been to church and Shari hasn't quit smoking.

We weren't able to meet with Olivia this week either. She is just working so much and she can't ever find any time. I'll keep you updated.

Other than that this week has been incredible. I look forward with faith to the next week and start it all over again. Love you guys

Love Elder Johnson