This week is the kind of week that you look back on and say....How did we do so much??? Our potential as a missionary is so great in fact, there aren't really any boundaries. I've found out that one companionship can truly make a big difference in the world if they will totally rely on the Lord for guidance. Anyways enough philosophy of Elder Johnson lets talk about the amazing things that happened.
So Monday morning Elder Hackett left :( We had become great friends so I'm sad to see him go but at least I will be able to see him every month at zone leader council. So Elder Peterson my new companion wasn't going to be here til Wednesday so I had to be companions with several different Elders. It was quite crazy. All the ward members were way confused. Every time I talked to one of them they were like is this your new companion? And I was like no not yet. I had 3 temporary companions in 2 days so I was constantly exchanging. But in the midst of all this we saw great success. On Tuesday we went out tracting and we found 5 new investigators. It was kinda weird. I don't think I've ever got that much before. These two girls that we talked to let us give them a run down of the restoration, the plan of salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ all on the door step. They seemed way interested but they weren't there for the return appointment. So we will keep trying.
Then my new companion Elder Peterson finally got here. The very night he got here I put him to work because we had this Ward Mission Leader training thing. And for some reason we were asked to do that. Then the next day we had combined District meeting. But it's a good thing Elder Peterson is a hard worker. He's from Idaho and he grew up working on a ranch so he knows how to work.
So yeah last week at church we had this guy named Kevin come up to us and say he wanted to be baptized so now he will be baptized on Jan 21 this coming saturday. Exciting! He's taken the lessons before but he just wants to go back over them again to make sure he's got it down. He's awesome he loves activities and he's come to them all since he found us.
Ben the chinese guy we tracted into came to church last week. Man he loved it. He went to all three hours. I'm so happy to see someone so enthusiastic about Jesus Christ even though he has no Christian background. The gospel is spreading to China even though missionaries aren't allowed yet!! We also had another Chinese guy show up to church named Tom. We have an appointment with him this week.
We had two people show up to church that we didn't even know. Matt and Nikki. They just showed up by themselves. That was cool we have an appointment with them too. Yeah craziest day on Sunday. Trying to get all of our investigators to class and stuff. I know there was more non members there that we just didn't get have the time. We had to split up right after church to do two lessons and we will have to do the same thing later this week. On top of all that we had this girl that we've never met getting confirmed! Man! I don't think I've ever been this busy in my entire life. The only time that would match this is when I was down in Newport.
So anyways! We have a baptism this Saturday for Kevin and then the next week we have Ben's baptism and we have many more soon to come. This is awesome.
Love you all
Elder Johnson