So this week has blown my mind. We worked so incredibly hard. Like harder than I ever have in my whole life. This was also like the funnest time of my life. We have seen many miracles. So the highlight of the week was the baptism of Kevin. The picture thing isn't working or else I would have a picture. Well the only problem with the baptism is that we called these people who fill the font and they said they would fill the font at the president street building. So we told everyone to go to the president street building. When we got there, there was no one there and the font wasn't filled. AGHHH! we said. And then we had someone check to see if the font at the 18th st building was filled and it was. So they had filled the wrong font!!! Well we put up a sign so that anybody who went to the president st building would know that it was actually at the 18th st building. We got started about 30 minutes late. It was funny.....kinda.
Honestly I don't have any way of describing everything that happened this week. In fact it's quite overwhelming so I guess I will just focus on the high points.'
So we met with this guy named Jarom and he has a girlfriend named Chanelle who is a non-member. We taught the first lesson and committed her to be baptized on Feb 4th. She since has told us that she doesn't know if that would be the best date. So we might push it back a week. But she is doing awesome. She says she knows the Book of Mormon is true.
Then we met with Kevin a lot this week and this one time he brought his girlfriend too. She is way sincere. When we first introduced the Book of Mormon we asked her what she thought of it and she said she was very interested. That's always a good sign. Needless to say she committed to be baptized on Feb 11th!
Then we met with Ben the Chinese guy we tracted into. He is AMAZING! He had an informal interview with the Bishop and he said that he loves the peace he gets when he prays. He is set to be baptized in this coming Sunday. Me and Elder Peterson keep saying that he will be the first stake President in China and he will be the one to allow missionaries to come into China.
Then yesterday we had an appointment with this other guy we tracted into named Sam. We sat down with him and taught the first lesson and committed him to be baptized on feb 18th!!!! So we are setting dates for people to be baptized like crazy. It is a truly amazing time of my life. I am learning so much. Like I found out today that I have been creating boundaries for myself. Like I was saying I can only get 20 lessons a week or that I can only have one or two with a date in this area. Well with the Lord all things are possible. And he has provided us a way to get far more than just this limited amount. I am astounded. Now the trick is not backing down one step. We must not stop working. We must continue to have lunch and dinner as back up plans we must continue to tract 12 hours every week. It is all making since. But it is all done through the Lord's tender mercies. I know this church is true.
Love Elder Johnson