Man I must say this has got to be the best time of my life. Me and Elder Peterson get along perfectly, our area is amazing, the investigators we have are sincere, the ward is awesome and help us out. Man I don't really know how life could get any better. But Heavenly Father always has a way of making things even better and I know he will. This week has been fantastic.
A ward member brought her non-member friend to church and introduced us to her and we set up a time to have the lessons and she has progressed extraordinarily rapid. Her name is Tia. She has set a date to be baptized on Feb 25th. We are so excited. We had some very spiritual lessons with her this week. At the end of the lesson Elder Peterson felt inspired to ask a very strange, but great question. He asked, "if you went home tonight and found a lamp and you rub that lamp and out pops a genie, what would you ask him to help you with?" Her response really took me off guard, "take away the pain." There was a long pause. Then we felt impressed to testify of our savior. We taught about Jesus Christ and how through him all of our pain and suffering can be gone. We started to cry. It was spectacular!
This week we also had zone conference. It was really good. About two minutes before the meeting started Elder Jensen one of the AP's asked me if I could conduct. I have never done that before. Well turns out it's pretty easy. Anyways it was a fantastic experience.
We are working with so many Chinese people. We just baptized Ben, we also have Chen (a former investigator), and Ming Zing, and Tom. They are all from china. It's crazy. I can't wait until China is opened for missionary work because there will be so much work that happens there.
Well the highlight of the week is obviously the baptism of Kayla. For the first time in my whole mission nothing went wrong at the baptism. Everything was....perfect. That was a huge relief. The font was filled all the way, the baptism wasn't at a different church building. Everything went just as planned. It was very spiritual. Ok so when I say everything went just as planned I guess that's not entirely true. The night Kayla was interviewed Elder Fiatoa, our district leader came out and said can I talk to you for a second. He told us that Kayla is only 17 years old. We thought she was like 20! She was going to college and stuff so we just assumed. But it turns out she was under 18 which means she needed to get permission from her mom.....well Kayla's mom didn't even know that she was getting baptized. That was a scare. But Kayla told her mom and she signed the record and she even agreed to come to the baptism. She will most likely be baptized herself now hahahaha.
Well another wonderful week in the mission field. I love this work!!! And I love you all too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Johnson