Quite an excellent week this week. It started out very interesting. We had FHE and Kevin the recent convert came. We have been working with his girlfriend, Kayla, for a while now but she wasn't there. We asked him why she wasn't there. He looked down and said we broke up. Oh no we thought. We had the sneaking suspicion that Kayla was only doing this for her boyfriend. Well we called her up the next day and delicately asked if we could still meet the next day. She readily agreed and we were quite relieved. At the next lesson she said that she is doing this because she knows it's true not because of her boyfriend. Hah! I love seeing the strength of these converts come through. So she will be baptized this coming up Sunday. That will be pretty sweet.
Well we went on many an-exchange this week. In the past we have only gone on 2 exchanges every week but this week we did a solid 4. That was intense. We were only planning on 2 but then president told us to go with some other companionships. So we did. Then one day we got a call from the assistants and they said we need to pick up another elder and be companions with him temporarily. So we did. We pretty much just do what we're told. But these exchanges were really good. I went down to Cottage Grove with another Elder Johnson. That was fun to have the same name. But that night while I was praying I felt the distinct impression that we would find someone to baptize the next day. So I told Elder Johnson. We both got really pumped about that. So the next day we prayed our hearts out that we could find this person. Well we saw a lot of good success that day but still not the thing we were looking for. It came to the point where we had nothing left to do. So we pulled over and said a prayer. After the prayer there was silence. I then got the impression to ask Elder Johnson who came to his mind as we prayed. So I did. He looked at me and said, how did you know I was thinking of someone? I said I don't know. He said Dave Eason. So we went to Dave Eason's house and when we got there his girlfriend let us in and we were able to ask her about her thoughts on the church. She said I am very impressed. We could have set a date with her right there but her boyfriend was in the other room sleeping and we couldn't really sit down and teach her without another male in the room. But I am certain that was the person who will be baptized.
We are still working with Chanelle she will talk with her mom this Sunday and ask her if she can get baptized. I am praying that her mom will be receptive to Chanelle. I'm hopeful though because she said she kinda mentioned in a phone call that she was going to church here and she didn't seem to mind. If everything goes as planned we should set a date with next week.
We are also working with some people that we tracted into. I think I mentioned Becky last time. Well we're still teaching her and she seems receptive. Also another girl named Vikki came to church yesterday but she wasn't able to stay all 3 hours. But things are really looking up for our area. When I first got here there wasn't hardly anything going on. But now we're getting a baptism every other week. It's so exciting and extraordinarily busy. But fun.
I love y'all soooo much. Thanks for your prayers and support. Oh yeah btw I found out last night that I have athletes foot. I would show you a picture but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like to see that. But I got some cream today so I think it will be gone pretty soon. This work is fantastic!
Love
Elder Johnson