So I have one really funny thing that I have to tell you. So in Eugene there is a lot of bums who beg for food and money on the street corners. Occasionally when we are right next to one I will give them any extra food we may have in our car or a book of Mormon or a pamphlet. So the other day we were stopped at a stop light and there was a bum right next to us and I turned to Elder Peterson and said, grab a pamphlet. He reached for the closest pamphlet and gave it to me. I was about to roll down the window and give it to him but I looked down at the pamphlet. It was by Gordon B Hinkley and it was titled Corner Stones of a Happy Home. I just look at Elder Peterson and we start laughing. Probably not the best pamphlet to give to a homeless guy. :)
This week has been quite amazing. The reason why I didn't have any time to write e-mails last week was because we were actually moving. We moved apartments and we had to spend all day cleaning our new apartment. Man it was filthy. I won't get into details. So this week we also are in our new zone. The willamette zone. So this is kinda confusing. I'm still in the same area and ward, the Eugene YSA ward. But....our zone is in the surrounding stakes Springfield and Santa Clara. Our ward however is in the Eugene Stake so.....needless to say it's quite confusing. But we got all moved in and everything is settling down to normal. It's always a fun week when it's transfers.
So this last week we have found several new solid investigators. The first his name is Dustin. The other day we went to go see this less active guy named Patrick and his roommate, Dustin answered the door and we talked with him about the gospel and he is solid. We set up an appointment to teach him more. The next appointment we set a date with him to be baptized on Mar 18th. Thats exciting. He came to church this last sunday and really enjoyed it.
Then the other day we went tracting. It was a horrible experience at first. Everyone was being way mean to us and just wasn't interested. But we kept going. Then all the sudden out of nowhere we knock on this door and this girl named Whitney answers the door. She has mormon friends and has come to church with them before and for whatever reason hasn't met with missionaries. She was really excited to set up an appointment. We gave her a tour of the church. During the tour we came to a picture of Christ appearing to the America's and we talked about how this was recorded in the Book of Mormon. She said, "Oh I used to have a Book of Mormon but I lost it and I was way sad." Elder peterson pulled out a Book of Mormon from his jacket and said "well here's your new one." She thanked him graciously and then said, (no joke here) "Let me show you my favorite scripture." She opened to Mosiah 4 and read about how he says to believe in Christ. WOW! She's pretty solid.
We are still teaching a bunch of Chinese people. We are going to try and get someone who actually speaks Chinese to help us out so we should see some good success there. Alrighty I need to go but know that I love you and I know the church is true!!!!!!!
Love Elder Johnson