Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Medford

What a crazy week! When I say crazy I almost always mean good. Because crazy means it's busy and busy means a lot of good work accomplished. On Friday I found out that I was being transfered. I am now in Medford as a zone leader. My new ward is called the Jacksonville ward. It is amazing!

Of course the highlight of the week was Melissa and Tomas's baptism. I'm not gonna lie though, I definitely am writing this letter with a little bit different perspective. So right after the baptism I was about to leave and Melissa said she was really gonna miss me. I said it's ok cuz I will still write her. Then Amanda who was standing right next to her said, yeah you can still follow his blog.....I then said in awe, "You know about my blog!??!!" Turns out she had some how found it. In fact she is probably reading this letter right now. Man I was uber embarrased.

Nevertheless, even with a slightly different perspective on writing this letter, yesterday was still the best day of my life. It started with Jake's confirmation at church. It is always so amazing when giving a blessing how the words just come and everything just seemed to flow naturally. We had a great day at church. A girl named Nelly was able to make it. She is from Haiti. I really wish I could be there to teach her the rest of the way :( She seems really close. Then ALex came to church and is really getting intergrated into the ward. She went hiking with us on monday for FHE to spencer's butte this cool hike. It was kinda funny because we weren't wearing our suits so everyone commented that they didn't hardly recognize us. I think some of them lost their testimonies. Just kiddin. Anyways then we had Tomas's baptism. The spirit was so strong especially as Enrique gave his talk. Then we had Melissa's baptism. It was so good. Amy gave a talk at it which was extremely well prepared and just concise. After the baptism Melissa gave a talk. Wow I just about burst into tears. She told about her whole experience in life has been crazy but how she thanked the Lord for her trials. She gave me a copy of the talk I was very grateful.

Man I am getting really sad thinking about all these amazing people I have left in Eugene...I love them so much. I wish they knew. But having been in Medford for a day now I am quickly loving it. We met the Ward Mission Leader last night and he is on fire. He really gets it he has a lot of good goals for his ward. I hope we can help him out.

Yesterday we had a sweet lesson. We talked to a lady named Serena. We sat down and I, not knowing her at all, began to ask her all the normal questions.

Well my time is up in three minutes so I gotta go. Love you all!

Elder Johnson