Wednesday, June 20, 2012

(no subject)

So the biggest news of the week: Serena and Robbie

When I first got to the area they were the very first lesson we had.
We went over and her husband Bill went and got her out of her room.
She always stayed in her room all day because she had social anxiety.
When we taught her we testified about how much the atonement could
change her. In that moment I could see in her eyes a blazing desire to
change and be better. As we continued to meet she continued to pray
and seek for this change. We invited her to come to church. This would
be the biggest step in the whole process because she HATES big crowds.
But the beginnings of the change began to take place. We invited her
to a tour of the church. She agreed. At the chapel tour we explained
how this could help her 5 kids. We explained primary and all the
classes. She loved it. In the chapel we again brought up the atonement
and this change that was in store for her and her family. She accepted
a date to be baptized for June 16th.

That night she went home and was overwhelmed. She cried and cried and
said she was not ready. The next appointment we had she was not there.
We talked to Bill and he said we need to back off. We were incredibly
sad about that. We waited a couple weeks and then went back. She was
ready. She came to church and the change went on. We sat down with her
this week and asked are you ready to set another date? Yes. We said
the soonest she could do it is this saturday. She said sure. So Serena
and her son Robbie will be baptized this Saturday June 23rd. Which
also happens to be my half Birthday. Hah!

Serena has sacrificed a lot for this. Her parents are totally and
completely against her doing this and have tried to infect the kids.
They may disown her because she is getting baptized. But she knows
it's true. She has felt that change and she has felt the holy ghost
testify of the book of mormon. When you know, you know. It's so
awesome!

So the reason why I am e-mailing today instead of monday is because we
are going to the temple today and so we had to switch our p-day. I'm
so excited. I haven't been to the temple in over a year. Heck I don't
even remember what happens.

Man we had an amazing day at church this Sunday. Everybody came that
said they would. We had the Smith's, Serena and her family, and Butch
this random investigator who we didn't think would come. And we have
Jan and her daughter. I wish I had time to tell you about them. So
stay tuned next time for the story of Jan and the
Hungerfords.................

Love you all

Elder Johnson