Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I sprained my ankle

Well about 7 days ago I had just finished e-mailing and we went to go play basketball. It took me about 10 minutes of playing and I went in for a rebound and BAM I sprained my ankle. That day it hurt really bad. I limped so bad and I could hardly move it. The next day it felt better but I had developed a gnarly bruise. see picture. Right now it is still swollen but I can almost walk completely without a limp.

This event really effected our week. We tried to not tract as much this week and as a result we didn't find as many gators. But we did teach a whole lot of sweet lessons. But on on Monday we got a call from sister Baker the fellowshipper for Thelma and she told us the unthinkable. Thelma didn't want to get baptized this Thursday. She moved out of the Bakers and we have not talked to her since. I don't know what happened but she all the sudden got cold feet and she was done. :( We were devastated. Then we had an crazy thing happen within our zone. We went on exchanges with some missionaries and after we exchanged back we worked some disagreements out between them. We thought everything was great then we went on our way to go on exchanges with some other missionaries in our zone. We got back to our apartment and had just started planning when we received a call from our mission president. He said Elder Johnson, Elder ______ just left his companion. You need to get over there immediately. I quickly took my foot out of the bucket full of ice water and headed over there. Well I won't go into details but a certain Elder was emergency transferred out of our zone. We didn't get like any sleep especially because the Elder I stayed the night with didn't just snore, he roared! It was impossible to get to sleep.

I was especially feeling sorry for myself I had a list in my mind of all the things that were going wrong. My sprained ankle our lost investigator, an ET in our zone, ect, ect. We had lunch and we used that time to get caught up on sleep a little bit. When I woke up I had renewed determination. I looked at this as an opportunity to show the Lord what kind of missionary I am. Am I the missionary who will be acted upon or will I act, despite my circumstances? I decided I would work. It was a great learning experience for me. I love how the Lord puts these things in our path to help us grow and progress.

We taught Manny again this week and he is also learning how to take his hard trials and turn them into experiences. He is still doing awesome.

Taught this lady named Sarah. She's crazy. She came to church last week and left about 30 min into sacrament meeting. But yesterday she was able to make it through the whole thing. It's cool to see how much change has taken place in her in just a short time.

Went on exchanges with a very young new Elder. He's been out for 3 weeks and you can tell. He reminds me of me when I was a greenie. But he is very humble and willing to learn. In fact he came to me at the beginning of the exchange with 4 questions that he wanted me to answer on the exchange. 1) how do you talk to people 2) how do you build confidence 3) how do you ask better questions 4) how do you focus mentally and physically. It was really fun to answer those questions for him on this exchange. But I better get going thanks for your love and support and for the mail it really helps.

Love Elder Johnson