Monday, February 7, 2011

Whoa man what a week!

Whoa man what a week! This week has been super......I don't really know how to describe it. The only way to describe it is to tell you everything that happened. So I will do just that. But first I wanna say congrats to Andre and Brian in their play phantom of the opera. I SO wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was a blast. I also wanna thank everybody for all the letters and for keeping me updated in your lives. I really enjoy them.

Ok so this Wednesday we went on splits with the Ward mission leader. I went to Falls City. I can't remember if I told you about Falls City. It's this small town next to Dallas that is also a part of out area. There are like 300 people there. So we I went and taught this family and the ward mission leader doesn't know the lessons at all so I kinda had to teach the whole thing by myself. That was a little nerve racking but it was all good in the end. They had a bunch of little kids who very rambunctious(spelled incorrectly?). It was really hard to feel the spirit. But when we got to the story of Joseph Smith everybody seemed to calm down. I recited the first vision and the spirit was SO strong. After that it went back to being rambunctious but hey, they felt the spirit for just one second and that may be the difference for them. The names of the parents are Amy and Tim. The kids names are Jeremiah, Malachiah, and Jesse. So they didn't come to church this week but I feel like they might go somewhere in the future.

This week a horrible incident occured in the city of Dallas. There was a young kid like 17 years old who passed away. He was at a wrestling match and he won his match he got of the mat.....and......he died. I don't really know how it happened but his heart just stopped beating. It was really sad and everyone in the community seemed to gather together. I feel a sense of unity in Dallas. We were at the Bishop's house the other day and his son knew this kid who died really well. When we were leaving them a spiritual thought I got the impression to tell my story of the accident. The spirit was really strong and I testified that he would see his friend again. Man it loses so much power when I write down the words. All I can say is that it was Awesome.

Anyways this satuday we were doing round up again and we had about ten investigators saying they would come to church. Guess how many showed up......1!!!! You know what I'm like not even sad about it at all. Last week we had zero and this week we had one so we're getting better. Soon we'll actually get all ten to come. But let me talk about this one investigator who did come to church. His name is Gabe. He is a seventeen year old guy living in Falls City. He came to church and totally loved it. He was going to go home early to watch the super bowl but he loved it so much that he decided to stay. I talked to him afterwards and he said to me, "I've learned to never stop trying to look for truth." I was like YAY. We set up a time to meet with him and I'm very hopeful about it. He seems like he is ready.

Raejean got really sick this week which is a total bummer. We gave her a blessing but the next day she went to the hospital. She says she thinks it's pneumonia. So anyways we didn't get to teach her.

Jeremy and Amber.......wow how do I say this. Lets just say they're probably gonna get a divorce. But good news is Jeremy still wants to meet with us. So that's good.

Wow we have so many people that I could talk about and so many things that I want to say, but again it would take too much time. I bet you guys are really sick of me saying that I don't have very much time to write. But I really want to thank you for all your prayers and for all the things that your doing. I love you all. Have a good week!!!!

Love,

Elder Johnson