Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The week in a nut shell

yo yo sup everybody! Sorry I'm a day late, not that anybody really cares that I'm one day late. But yesterday for P-day we just couldn't find the time to do e-mailing. So anyways let me get straight to the awesomeness of this week.

So on Wednesday I met a black man named Dean. He is probably one out of 5 black people I've seen in Dallas (remember how I said Dallas used to be the KKK capitol of the world? Yeah I'll leave it at that.) His wife's name is Darleen. They are really cool people. Dean was a former investigator (which means Elder Mauchley was teaching him with is last companion and then they stopped because he wasn't making any progress. Sorry I always use all these missionary terms and I feel like I have to explain them.) So we decided to stop by and see how he's doing. He and his wife have decided that they wanted to start taking lessons from us again. They also said they would get baptized but that it would take a while due to addictions. They said they would come to church this sunday but....like always something came up. Dean's father in law had a heart attack so they decided to go support him which is understandable. But still I think Satan tries really hard to make it so people don't go to church. We will be meeting with them again this week so I'm excited.

Moving to Gabe. Something amazing happened in Gabe's life. He moved in with a member of our ward. The family is the Garrisons. We were just going about our bussiness and all the sudden Sister Garrison gives a call and tells us Gabe has moved in with her. So now they will be taking care of him and he will be taught the gospel up the hizzy. So I'm super hopeful for him.

Raejean went to the hospital again this week so her health doesn't seem to be improving. Man, satan works hard on people.

I don't know if you guys remember Matt and his niece Ayanna, but they both came to church on Sunday. Matt is Less active and Ayanna is a non member who said she wants to be baptized. We haven't been able to teach them yet but this week were going to see if can start teaching them. The only problem is Ayanna's Mom is Southern Baptist. And that could mean several things, including not letting her daughter take discussions from us.

But yeah I feel like I'm just writing all this out with no emotion and that is because, once again, we don't have any time to write. Especially not today since it's not even p-day. But I really do love all of you guys and I thank you for telling me whats going on in your life. That way I still feel a part of the family even though I'm apart from the family. Thank you for all your prayers. You guys totally rock!!!!

Love

Elder Johnson