Monday, February 28, 2011

A week of finding

Hello everyone who happens to read these words!!!!!!!!! How is everybody doing. Yesterday I got this huge package of my favorite candy and best of all letters from the whole family. MAN! That was awesome you guys thank you so much. It is so good to hear from all of you. It sounds like Bryant, Caitlyn, and Jaron are all having a great time causing mischief. I loved getting all those pictures of the babies. You know receiving a package like that kinda makes up for all the hard times of this week. I would love to respond to every one of your letters and I will but it will take some time.
But anyways enough about you, lets hear about me! HAHAHAHA! Just kidding. But no seriously this week was a great week. In order to explain it fully, I would like to describe a daily planning session. So every night at 9:30 me and Elder Mauchley have a weekly planning session. This is when we plan for the coming day. We make plans for the people we will be teaching and for who we will go to have dinner with ect ect. We also plan where we will tract. We call them "windows of heaven." (or windows for short). When we plan windows first we say a prayer that we will know where we should go for tracting. Then we get out a map of Dallas and then we let the spirit tell us where we should go. Well one night this week we were doing this and finally after staring at the map for a long time Elder Mauchley said, "have you received any promptings?" I said, "yes, Walnut St." Elder Mauchley just laughed and said, "that is the exact same place I was thinking." So needless to say we were really excited to go to walnut st. The next day we went out tracting and........we didn't have any success on ANY of the doors. WHAT!?? I was like wait a second we had this awesome spiritual experience yesterday. We should have success! We were kinda bummed, but then a thought came to my mind to go see this lady we had met about a week ago who lived very nearby. So we went to her house and it just so happened that she was receptive to what we said. She said she used to live in Utah and that she knew a lot about the church. She said that two of her siblings were baptized and that she wanted to know more. So that is why we went to walnut street that day at that time. The Lord works in mysterious ways. He can provide spiritual promptings even when we don't know it. He will provide a way.

This week we received a call from Raejean who said she is very sick and that she cannot continue lessons from us until she gets better. With her it's all in the Lord's hands. I pray that she will get better so that we can teach her more. I know she wants to know more. We did get to teach Gabe once this week and he said we could come back. We haven't had any contact with Dean and Darleen this week because their phone was disconnected and every time we stopped by, they weren't there. So this week was another week all about finding and not so much teaching. But yeah, I love you guys so much! Unfortunatly I have to go so I will see you in like 21 months or something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Johnson