Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flood in Dallas!!!!!

Aghh! Tsunami!!! Dallas was totally flooded this week. We had to evacuate the city and go to Salem. We didn't get to do any work this week. We should be able to go into the city in the next week.....ok ok ok I'm just kidding!!!! The tsunami didn't affect us at all. Pretty wild stuff is going on though. Man an earthquake, tsunami, and the BYU basketball team doing amazing. Man, the second coming is nigh at hand.

So this week it wasn't flooded so we were able to get some more work done. We met with Gabe twice which was pretty cool. We set a baptismal date with him on Friday! Unfortunately that date isn't until June 18th. That is because he is still 17 and his parents won't give him permission to get batized. Hopefully they will soften their hearts. But even if they don't I hope that Gabe will stay with this til June. But I'm really excited for him.

I'm really sorry to say this, but we weren't able to teach very many non-members this week. That is always a bummer. But we did keep busy. We taught a bunch of less-active people (which are members who don't come to church). We went to this one lady's house named Sister Fall. She had moved a couple months from the second ward into the first ward. But nobody really seemed to know that she did. So we went to see her. I was able to connect with her very well as she explained the reasons why she wasn't coming to chuch. I related with that and bore my testimony about how much going to church has changed my life. I told her to start with just the simple stuff like saying prayers and reading scriptures. She seemed to really take in what I said. To my utter surprise she showed up to church yesterday. I was so happy!!!! She said to me, "I thought about what you said and then I just thought, 'well, why wait?'" She is such a great example to me.

We were able to see other less acitve people too, but some of them aren't as receptive and a lot of them are SO sick of being contacted by members of the church. I've found that they are the meanest to us. It's just like in the Book of Mormon how the Amalekites and the Amulonites were worse than the Lamanites because they once had the Gospel. But there I go rambling off in Missionary language.

So Elder Mauchley will probably be leaving in the next two weeks. Transfers are March 22nd and when he had his interview with president he told him that I was going to be taking over the area. Geez thats a scary thought. I'm apprehensive but I know the Lord will strengthen me and help me. I love you all so much. Thank you for your letters!!!!!

Elder Johnson