Hey everybody! How's it going????? This week was intense. We had this thing called transfers. For the Oregon Eugene Mission transfers are every six weeks. Tuesday was the end of that six week period. Sometimes you will get transfered on that day but not always. So this week Elder Mauchley got transfered to a city called La Pine. My new companion, Elder Sheide, is a really cool guy. He's from Orem and went to Orem High. I feel like I should already know him cuz he lived so close to me. But I don't. But he's pretty cool.
Let me tell you the story of James Rasmussen. In my last letter I gave a brief run down of what happened but so much more has happened. So a couple of weeks ago we were sitting in the car wondering what to do because for some reason we for got to plan the night before for this time. So finally I said, "lets just go tract these apartments." So we did. One of the first people we talked to was this guy who was about to leave his apartment we talked to him and he said we could come back but that he didn't have time right now. This happens a lot. This is people's way of saying I don't care to hear anymore. But anyways the next couple of weeks we tried to knock on his door about five times at different times of the day and he was never there. We had actually given up on him. We weren't going to knock on his door anymore. But a week later we were in the area and I asked Elder Mauchley if we could just try one more time. Reluctently he agreed. But James was there this time. He let us come in and we taught him a really quick lesson about the Book of Mormon. This week we went over for our return appointment and it went awesome. We taught him the first lesson which includes the first vision story. We asked him how he felt when we recited it and he said he felt the chills run down his spine. We told him it was the Holy Ghost. He was super excited and really really anxious to learn more. We set up another appointment for this week and it also went awesome! We taught him the 3rd lesson and talked a lot about baptism. We set a date with him to be baptized for April 16th. He said that day sounds really good. He also told us something that brought me to tears right in the middle of the lesson. He said that he was going through a lot of really hard things in his life with work, school, and other stuff. He said he knew he needed something to keep going. So he talked to his "ex-mother-in-law" (long story) who happens to be a member. He asked her to pray for him. A couple of days later we talked to him on the street. It was meant to be. We were meant not to plan anything for that time so that we could contact James. This guy is amazing. Just writing about him is making me cry. I know that he can come to know the same thing that we have all come to know for ourselves. That Jesus Christ lives. And that he loves us. And that through him we can be cleansed from all our imperfections. I know this gospel is true! I rejoice every day that I have the opportunity to share my testimony with those around me.
Thank you for all the support that you give me. I know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you people. If you are reading this you have probably had an effect on me personally so I encourage you to share that with other people too. I love you!!!!!
Elder Johnson