Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a spectacular week!!!

This has been an awesome week! A complete opposite from last week. I'm finding out that a mission is a roller coaster. Filled with good times and not so good times. I'm so excited to tell you about what has happened. There is so much so I'm gonna try to squeeze it all in this letter so I won't be going into much detail.

Ok so last Monday (which is p-day) we had two lessons. That right there told me we were gonna have a good week cuz we never get any lessons on Mondays. We taught this guy named Paul who is a very good friend of a member here. We also met the family too. They are "in between churches" right now so we hope to be able to teach them more in the future. They seemed pretty interested.

On Tuesday we had a VERY interesting lesson. His name is Cory. We went to his house and let us in and we began teaching him. When we first talked to him, we were kinda trying to figure out if he was....um....crazy. He was like a total nerd and was trying to tie computers into religion and he wasn't really making any since. But it was going pretty well. We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and asked him if he would read it and pray about it. And this is what he said, and I quote, "This may sound bogus but.....I am God." HUH??!?!?!?!? The spirit was there before but when he said this it totally dropped away. Awww man. I just said, "ok anyways.....will you read the Book of Mormon and pray to know it's true." He accepted and we have another appointment with him next week. We'll see if he has gotten over any of his delusions.

This week we also got to teach Dean and Darleen. Well...this is what happened. Me and Elder Mauchley went on splits with the ward missionaries. So I had plans to go see someone and Elder Mauchley had other plans. So we went our separate ways but my appointment fell through so I decided to go and see Dean and Darleen and see if they were there. They were. Which was really awesome cuz we haven't talked to them in like 1 and a half weeks. So we went in and....well the ward missionary I was with didn't really know the lessons so I had to teach the whole plan of salvation by myself. It was a pretty cool experience, but I like teaching with Elder Mauchley by my side much better.

This week I had an interview with President MacDonald. By the way he knows a ton of Wiltbanks. He knows Tom and Richard and Gretchen and their kids so that was cool to make that connection. He also gave me some really good advice..

We had two lessons with Gabe this week which went AMAZING. We are going to set a baptismal date with him on Tuesday so I'm super excited. He is taking the lessons really well and truly desires to know if the church is true. And if you desire it you will certainly know. So he is super close to being ready for baptism. I'm so happy. It's amazing how much joy you have seeing somebody come to know the church is true. It's like even more spectacular than coming to know it's true yourself.

We went on adventure on Thursday. We went to this tiny little town called Rickreall which is in our area. We hardly ever go there because we don't have the miles. (we are only alloted a certain amount of miles per week in our car. By the way I don't think I've told you, I'm in an area where we only drive a car, no bikes. Woot). So it was really cool to go out in the boonies. We acutally met a member who is less active and has a non-member husband. We are going to try to help them both to start coming to church. But seriously it was fun going to rickreall because it was just a place that we have never gone before.

But so much more happened this week but alas, I have no time to tell it all. *SIGH* But it sufficeth me to say that your prayers are being answered. At first when I got here, there wasn't really much work going on, but now we have tons of stuff to do. We are keeping busy. Man the Lord really does answer prayers. He can do everything. He can make our lives completely worry free but we must ask for it. If it is in accordance to his will he can give you anything you ask in faith. I know that to be true. I also know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that it is the small and simple truths like faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end; that is what this Gospel is about and everything else is an appendage of those simple truths.