Monday, October 31, 2011

Busy busy week

WOW being a zone leader is fun. The first week was just a lot of helping with people's luggage but now I get to do all kinds of really fun things. I think my favorite thing is going on exchanges. As a zone leader we switch places with people in our zone every so often to help them in their missionary work. Well we will be going on two exchanges every week. It's so fun because then I get to see how everybody in our zone is doing.

On Monday and Tuesday I went on exchanges with one of the District leaders. He has been struggling a lot in his area to find people to teach. That night when we planned we set goals for the coming day. We decided we would get 2 new investigators. Then we prayed mightily to the Lord that he would help us find two new investigators. Then the next morning we prayed again mightily. Then we went out and we found 2 new investigators within the first hour. It was Amazing!!!

I also went on exchanges with Elder Camacho. He is over all the people who speak Spanish in Eugene. So....lets just say that was an interesting exchange because well, I don't speak Spanish. Elder Camacho taught me how to bear my testimony in Spanish and we went out. We talked to a lot of people in Spanish and I just watched. I could understand a little bit of what was going on. I had to ask every once in a while. I would usually just say, no hablo espanol. And people would just laugh and then talk to Elder Camacho again. When the moment was right I would say, se que lo que Elder Camacho es verdad. Or, se que el Libro de mormon es verdad. But it wasn't very often. It was really fun though.

We saw a couple miracles in our area too. We had dinner at a members house and he invited one of his friends named Stan. He's from Zimbabwe. So we started to teach him and we met with him twice this week. He wasn't able to come to church though. We are also teaching a guy named Kevin who is from Mexico (but speaks English Yay). We taught him and had lunch and he came to church. But unfortunately when we talked to him about baptism he said it's going to take a while on me. He wants to read all the Book of Mormon first.  We're also teaching a guy named Jooho who is from Korea (do you notice a trend). He's really awesome we commited him to pray every day. Then last but not least we are teaching a guy named Abby who is from India. So for the first time in all my mission, our entire teaching pool consists of people who are not from America. Its kind of interesting.

Also saw one more amazing miracle. We had a lesson at the church and while we were pulling up there was a lady who pulled up at the same time. I thought she was a member but then she came over to us and started crying and said she really needed help and asked us if we could help her. We taught her a lesson and then gave her the phone number to lds employment service. It was amazing that we both happened to pull up at the same time.

Anyways I really have to go Love you guys so much

Love Elder Johnson