Well my P-day this week is on Tuesday instead of Monday because Elder Koelliker of the Seventy came to our mission on Monday. It was an amazing experience. I wish I could tell you everything he said but one thing that was pretty incredible was this: if we will get our investigators to pray with real intent, a sincere heart, and with faith in Christ, we will double our baptisms. That's a pretty amazing promise. We will really be stressing getting our investigators to pray now. In the zone conference we had a random role play with the stake president. The assistants to the president chose one companionship to roleplay getting an investigator (the stake President) to pray. Guess who they chose....me and Elder Thompson. That was pretty fun and pretty scary. Also at this meeting when I saw President Young he gave me a hug and said, "You're ready." I didn't know what to think about that. Then at lunch I just passed him and he looked at me and said ,"get ready." Man this is really freaking me out. Transfers are next week and I've been in Newport for 6 months. Usually missionaries don't stay in an area past 6 or 7 months....I might get transferred. But then again I said the same thing last transfer. Who knows.
Well anyways now to the biggest news of the week. Susie Licon got baptized. Sorry I don't have a picture of them cuz right now I'm in Corvallis without my camera. It was the most intense baptism of my mission. But I've said that about all my baptisms. I guess it's a tradition. At every single baptism I just am swallowed up with the joy of another soul joining the church. She got a little bit of cold feet a few days before but she pulled through just fine. I can't believe she has found time to meet with us truthfully. She is working 3 jobs. It shows how dedicated she is to the gospel. She is really making good friends in the ward and our time with her runs short. But I'm so happy that I have had the opportunity to teach this family.
So this week we have had to live out of a suitcase literally. On Wednesday we slept down in Waldport like we do every week. Then we had Combined District meeting in Corvallis on Friday so we had to sleep in Corvallis. And then we came back to Corvallis yesterday to see Elder Koelliker. Then we decided to stay the night in Corvallis again so we could have district p-day. So today I was able to hang out with our district and zone which is a real treat because normally we can't because we live too far away.
We are still working with Daniel Jagel and his son Braxton in Waldport they would be another great family to strengthen the ward. Man so much has happened this week that I can't keep track of it all. We called Shari yesterday and she pretty much told us to back off for a while which is very sad. We talked to Olivia the other day and she said she is too busy to meet with us. She is working and going to school. Secretly I think that she's trying to dog us. I look at Susie and how busy she is and she still made time for it. Oh well our investigators cycle in and out so much it's ridiculous.
I was really glad to hear that the wedding went well. I also heard that Andre was able to ordain Caleb. Wow what an awesome experience. Way to go Andre. I don't know if I have ever witnessed anybody without the Melchizedek priesthood give a blessing. Sounds like a busy week for everyone down there in good old Utah. Have a great week y'all. May the forest be with you (quoting a bumper sticker. ha ha I love all the hippis in Oregon!)
Love
Elder Johnson