We had an excellent week this week. It is hard to believe how quickly transfers go. It seems like just yesterday that me and Elder Thompson were back together and now the transfer is already half over. We had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple this week. It was as always an incredibly spiritual event. After listening to Elder Snow, Elder Andersen, Elder Rasband, and then going to the temple....wow....I think I'm good to go for the rest of my life. But it doesn't even stop there. We had exchanges this week with the assistants. We were with Elder Howard for a day. He taught us all kinds of good things like how to work with our Ward mission Leader (who I am more scared of now than ever before :). So last night we made a list of all the miracles we saw this week so here it goes.
So we had an appointment at 2 and we went there and that person was not there. This happens fairly frequently so we are always ready with a good number of back up plans. Well we went to see them and pretty soon we had burned through all our back ups too. Then we started talking about how the transfer was already half over and how we needed to see more baptisms together. So we went to the car and prayed really hard that we would know what to do to find someone to baptize in the next 30 minutes. Elder Thompson said lets get out and tract. So we did for a few minutes. Then we had an impression to go see a less active around the corner. Well she was home and we talked with her for a few minutes. We were asking her questions and she said, "stop asking so many questions." We apologized and said "the reason we ask questions is because thats how Jesus Christ taught." She said, "he did? what questions did he ask?" My mind raced thinking of an example. My mind suddenly went to the question and I said, "What manner of men ought ye to be? Even as I am." She broke down and cried saying, "I know I'm not doing what I should be doing." We comforted her and promised her that Christ could help and we set up a return appointment.
This week we went and saw Joe and April with the Bishop and it was fantastic. We kinda had a plan to teach the Plan of Salvation. But we ended up not teaching that at all but more about the atonement and then all the sudden April said, "I think I'm ready to get married." Our hearts leaped for joy. They apparently wanted to get married immediately so they are getting married Sept 1st. Then we said well are you ready to get baptized? Yep we set the date for Sept 8th! Yay!
Went on exchanges with Elder Tilley in our zone and at first it was horrible. Man we had our plans and our back ups and nothing went right. I was really bummed because usually exchanges are great. I was doing everything in my power that I knew how to do we tracted, potentials, less-actives, part members, everything and nothing was going right. We went and saw a former investigator and they didn't live there. So we decided to go visit a member really quick who lived nearby. They let us in and we briefly described our predicament and we asked them to say a pray for us. They did so and then gave us some referrals. We were very grateful and went to go contact them. One of them took a Book of Mormon and said we could come back. It was awesome.
Anyways I am out of time but I love you and am grateful for your support.
Love Elder Johnson