Hello all. This is Lane. I am writing this to let everyone know that Clint has arrived safely in the Oregon, Eugene mission field. We got a call from President Thomas Macdonald last night to let us know. Turns out President Macdonald lived in the same stake as Jim and Trudy in Orem and worked with Jim (who was on the high council) when Pres. Macdonald was in a bishopric. He also knows Richard and Zack and Gretchen as well. I'm pretty sure he said that Gretchen was in his ward. Small world. We don't know much more right now. We should hear within a week where he is and when his preparation day will be.
>>>
I also wanted to post this snail mail letter we got from him during his first week in the MTC:
Dear Family,
Hey y'all. Today was fy first day in the MTC. Let me just say that it was totally AWESOME! I felt the spirit so much. As soon as I walked through the doors they put me right to work. I have been going to all kinds of meetings and stuff. It's really fun I actually enjoy it.
My first companion's name is Elder Smith. He is way cool. He's from Ohio and...oops gotta go to bed!
OK. Next day. So this morning I bumped my head on the top bunk bed. Let me just say, that feels like a week ago. Today was Awesome. We just worked and went to lessons and prepared, the whole cabootal <-- (spelled incorrectly most likely).
I would like to tell you a little bit about what the MTC is like. So when me and my companion first walked into our room, this other elder (from a different room) came up to us and gave us a big hug. Then he asked us, "have you checked your 'Narnia Holes?'" Of couse we were like, "what the heck are you talking about?" He then proceeded to tell us about all these secret holes throughout the room. In these holes were all kinds of useful things the Elders before us had left behind. In our Narnia Holes we found a twinkie, a box of Emergen C, and a bottle of Tums. There is so much love and happiness here; not at all what I expected.
I know that it probably still hasn't hit me that I'm going to be gone for 2 years. Oh well I guess I'll just savor the moments that it hasn't hit me.
I have felt the spirit so much here. This feels different than anywhere else, well... it fells like... like the Temple kind of, I mean, all day. Everyday, everyone, 2,500 missionaries are working to come closer to Christ. It creates an amazing spirit.
I totally love my first companion. Me and him get along really well. We had our first companion study today and I felt the spirit super strong. He's a really cool guy, very talkative and friendly. I also really love our district. It feels kinda like a classroom with 11 of us all. We have 5 sisters and 6 elders which is pretty uncommon I think cuz normally there's more Elders. We have totally bonded and we work good together.
Ahh...what else is there to say. I'm felling really good about this. It is hard, but fun, and cool. The food tastes pretty good and yeah.
I won't be able to email until Wednesday, that's when my P-day is. I'm normally only allowed to write then.
Thanks you so much for supporting me and for your prayers. I love you all so much. I'm sorry for how crazy this letter is. I feel a little crazy so that's how my works come out. But it sufficeth me to say that I'm doing fine despite the craziness.
Love, Elder Johnson