Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Week 2 from the amazing life o' Elder Johnson

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for all the amazing stuff you've sent me. I just received this HUGE package yesterday. I felt so cool carrying that thing around. Everyone was looking at me with jealousy in their eyes. I can't believe that tomorrow is my birthday. Seriously, I'm not even thinking about it at all. I'm gonna be 20! Wow, anyways, we have more important things to discuss.

So I had a really good week this week. It started out kind of hard. Me and Elder Smith were having a little trouble working together. We kept disagree on everything. We had a lot of conversations and we finally overcame our differences. Now we are working together great. We have done several roleplays and they have gone really well.

So anyways this week I got to play guitar!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so cool. So I was at this devotional thing, we had gotten there early so they were showing a bunch of random stuff on the big screen. One of these things told about a talent show that was coming up. It said you could check out musical instuments for it. I was totally freaking out. I begged my companion to go down with me to check out a guitar and finally he agreed. We went to check out a guitar and I got to play it for 50 minutes. The whole district was there and they heard me play. Sister Pence (who has a Master's degree in music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) said that I was super good. Since she is in charge of all the musical numbers and stuff she said she wanted me to play at sacrament meeting. We had to ask the branch president and uunnfortunatly he said it was against the rules. Anyways, yesterday I deecciiddeed I didn't really want to try out for the talent show anymore but then people from  tthhee  district really encouraged me to so I did. Me and elder smith waited for liikkee  two hours just so I could try out. I was the very last performer.  By this point I didn't think I was going to make it, but I played and sang my song "I Turned Away" and she totally loved it. She put a spot for me in the Christtmmaas day talent show. It was awesome.

Dang! I was gonna try to put pictures on this e-mail but the comppuutteerr  won't let me. Sorry, I wanted to show you guys what my companion looks like aanndd  our sweet christmas set up. We cut off a branch from a random bush on caammppus (which I kinda feel guilty about) and tapedd  it to this HUGE-MOUNGOUS pine cone. It looks like Charlie Brown''ss Chrismas Tree. It is freaking awesome. We have a ton of presents set unddeerrneath the tree too. So it kinda feels like home, but I'm gonna miss all ooff  oouurr  awesome traditions. Thank you so much for sending me so much stuff. I feel  ttoottaally spoiled.

So I want to tell you a little bit about our investigators. Alll  of our investtigatos  are members that volunteer to work at the MTC as  fake roleplayers. It's pretty cool. When we teach them I don't really feel like I'm tallkkiinngg  ttoo  a member. They go hard on you. Anyways, one of my investigators name''ss  James. He is this short little African American guy. He is really ccooooll. He loves to talk. So we don't even have to teach him. He kinda teaches himself. So the other day we were teaching him the second lesson. We went in and we aasskkeed how his reading went. He looked at us kind of funny and was a little closed ooffff. We were really confused. It turns out that he forgot that we had come in  ttoo  tteeach him the first lesson. So when I asked him if he remembered what we talkeedd  about with Joseph Smith, he was all like, "ughhhhhh......yeah kiind of." Once we found out he had forgotten that we had come over, eevveerryytthhiinng made since.

Dah! I hate only having 30 minutes to wrriittee. I have so much more I want to tell you. By the way every once in a while this stupid computer duupplicates the letters I type so I hope you'll be able to understand what I'mm  ssaying. I don't have time to go back and fix it. I love you guys so much ffoorr  all your support and stuff.

Love,

Elder Johnson