Hello Mates! This week has been really really really really awesome! The second I left all the family they put me right to work. They gave me my first and only companion in the MTC. His name is Elder Smith. He's really cool. He's very talkative and has an amazing laugh. I don't really know what else to tell you. Ok so we spend like all day every day in this little cramped classroom. We have 11 people in our district. You spend most of the time with them so I have got to know them pretty well. There are 6 elders and 5 sisters. Everybody tells us that having 5 sisters is extremely uncommon, so we like to think we're the coolest district. And we are. I would tell you the names of all of them, but I know you won't ever remember them, so I'll just save you the trouble.
We have two main teachers that teach us most of the day. The first is Brother Sainsbury and the other is Brother Horch. They are both pretty young and got off their missions not too long ago. They are really cool. I wish I could tell you everything we've learned from them, but it would take too long because I only have 30 minutes to be online. So at this point I only have 15 minutes left.
Me and Elder Smith have doing a ton of role plays. They are really cool. At first I thought that role plays wouldn't really work because they aren't real. But then I heard a talk that Richard G. Scott gave and he said that role playing is how the Lord teaches missionaries. That really struck me and I decided to take it to heart. I really feel like doing role plays is real. Even though the person may already be a member, everyone has things they could improve on so teaching them lessons can be helpful.
I love the spirit here at the MTC. I feel totally different and I feel the spirit every day a lot. The missionaries here are really nice also. The other day I got a little bit of blood on my white shirt, and a missionary I didn't even know came up to me and said, "quick, come into the bathroom so we can get that stain out." So we went into the bathroom and he got some hydrogen peroxide and poured it all over my shirt and started scrubing it with a toothbrush. Within five minutes he took out the stain completely. I really hope he didn't use his toothbrush because that would just make me feel guilty. But I seriously love the missionaries here.
Well, I don't really know what else to say. I have so much I want to tell you, but I just don't have enough time. I just want to let you know that I am really grateful for all the letters and packages you guys have given me. I totally love the stocking that Justin and Michelle sent me. I also enjoy pass the pigs. I don't have a lot time to play it but I play it whenever I have free time. I'm also really grateful for the stuff that Grandma Trudy sent me. And last of all I am really grateful for all of you. Thank you for supporting me and helping me to get to where I am.
Love,
Elder Clint Johnson