Snail mail received 12/31/10
>>>
Dear Family & Friends,
This is the last letter I will send from the MTC :( But hey, I'm going to the mission field TOMORROW!!! :)
Ok let me say I had an amazing Christmas! Thank you guys so much for all the sweet presents you gave me. I loved getting the SD cards. Enclosed is my SD card for my camera. I have a bunch of pictures that you guys can look at. Now because you gave me more SD cards I can just use these. Hopefully you will be able to figure out how to get the pictures from it. When you're done with it you can send it back to me in the field.
I just remembered, I'm going to call you guys tomorrow. Sweet! Ahhh... what else do I have to say? So the MTC pretty much went like this: The first three days felt like three months, and then the next day I'm leaving. I don't know if that makes sense, but if you've ever been in the MTC it probably will.
Well thank you all for your letters and Christmas presents...and birthday presents... SO on Christmas day when I was opening all my presents, everyone was just watching me with jealousy. I had way more presents than them. I kinda felt bad......but not really. I really look forward to talking to you tomorrow I love you all!
Love, Elder Johnson
>>>
BTW: for some reason unknown to us, he was not able to call the day he went into the field. -LJ