Well this letter is coming a bit early and the reason is because our p-day has been switched to today (new years eve). We will also be able to watch a movie today I think we will watch tangled. I don't really know anything about it but it should be fun. I just wanted to thank all of you sincerely for the gifts I received at Christmas. I got Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's and also Adam's. Thank you so much for the movie! I got a Clint movie too!!!! I was feeling really left out cuz everybody had their own movie but Adam made me a movie which I was able to watch and it was amazing. I really loved the footage of Caitlyn and Bryant. There was one part where Bryant was talking to snow white at Disney land and he said he could be a princess too. Haha! I laughed really hard.
So this week has been a little bit tougher than other past weeks because it is the holiday break and since I'm in a Young single adult ward most of our ward is out of town. We tried tracting an entire apartment complex, man we must of knocked on about 30 doors and not one person answered. Actually there was one person. He opened the door and introduced himself as "Stevo" and then we caught a hint of the unmistakable Eugene Oregon classic smell of marijuana. Needless to say he wasn't interested because he "had something going on."
Despite no on being around we were still able to see good success this week. I went on exchanges with an elder in a nearby city called Junction City. We saw some amazing things happen. We were tracting down these apartments and we talked to this lady who immediately said she wasn't interested and shut the door. After we had finished tracting the apartments we saw the same lady out working on her car. I had forgotten that we had talked to her so I started with the same approach. "We're missionaries from the church..." then my companion cut me off and said we already talked to her. I was quite embarrassed and then my companion asked, "are you interested now?" She laughed and said no......but then we started talking to her and it turns out she was. The thing that really interested her about the church was family history. So we talked to her about that and then eased into talking about the Book of Mormon and gave her one and we set up a return appointment. So the that was the start of a new theme which I am starting to come up with. When people say they are not interested they really mean I don't understand. So I have been trying to not give up on people so easily this week and the results have been fantastical. Yesterday I was on exchanges with another elder and we turned 3 people around who initially said they weren't interested and now we have return appointments. Incredible. I wish I would have known this at the beginning of my mission.
So Jonathon and Carl are still set to be baptized on Jan 1 and Jan 7 respectively. I'm really excited! Oh yeah and as of....yesterday we found out that will be taking over our ward completely on Sunday. So the sister missionaries that used to help cover our ward are moving and now we have to teach the girls in the ward too. I'm kinda not excited about that but win some you lose some.
Well I best be moving on folks. Love you dearly. And happy new year!!!
Elder Johnson