Monday, December 5, 2011

Yet another transfer

Hello! This week was transfers. Whew! Glad thats over. It was pretty much the same as last transfer. We had to drive a lot of people around and we had to let people stay at our house and interestingly enough we had to deep clean a filthy apartment of a fellow missionary. It was action-packed and full of all kinds of important decisions. It sufficeth me to say that I'm glad it's over. We also had a sweet zone & district leader council. That was great fun. I go to see my boy Elder Thomas. He is doing great with his new district leader responsibilities.

I have attached some sweet pictures. First is the Oregon Eugene Mission singers. So what happened is the ward had this Creche thing which is just a big display of a lot of nativity scenes. The sisters a couple weeks ago signed us up to sing at it. I was like huh? And then the funniest part of all is those sisters all got transferred so they didn't even end up singing at it! They made us figure out a bunch of Christmas songs to sing. Well....we were busy doing missionary work so we didn't get around to preparing for that til...well an hour before it started. I was able to acquire a guitar and I figured out the chords to a bunch of songs in the hymnbook and we made it work. It was pretty good. Actually me and Elder Hackett did sing Silent Night in the car a little bit. We did the same harmony as that thing me and Andre did last year (or was that 2 years ago......?). And we ended up singing that which sounded pretty good. The only problem is that I haven't played guitar in a long time. And my calluses are gone. So it hurt really bad to play the guitar. So I acquired some super glue and put it on the tips of my fingers. I didn't really know how well it would work but surprisingly it worked pretty good. My fingers were killing me right after we finished but I know that without that glue I would probably have drawn blood. So it all worked out. Oh yeah and that other picture is a picture of a classic meal for me and Elder Hackett. Potatoes. Gotta love em. It fills you up and they cost 17 cents a piece.

So Jonathon is doing amazing still. He comes to all the activities in the ward he comes to church, FHE, the Christmas broadcast. He really wants to be baptized by his father who lives in Alaska. His father is a member and we called him this week to get his bishop's phone number. Turns out he just moved to the middle of nowhere in Alaska and the closest church is 100 miles away! Neither of them can afford the trip to visit each other but Jonathon really wants his father  to do it. So we will respect him. But he's thinking he might get enough money from his tax return in February. But that's a long time for Satan to tempt him. I don't really care where he gets baptized I just want it to happen.

We called Ethan this week a lot and he never answered. Finally he answered on Saturday and he said he doesn't want to meet with us anymore. :( So we asked if we could just meet one more time and he agreed. Yay. We have an appointment tonight so we pray it will go well.

Welp that'll about do it folks. I love you all and pray for your success. Keep being amazing

Love Elder Johnson