Well this has been an incredible week. Just like every other week in fact you probably get sick of hearing me say that it's just another amazing week. I will let you know that sometimes we experience some deep disappointments, but Preach my Gospel says that you may experience disappointments but you will not be disappointed in yourself. I have looked to page 10 and 11 in PMG as great guidance throughout my whole mission. I love it. Even though some people deny what we have to say I can feel confident that I have done my job as a missionary. In times like these my sorrows are always swallowed up in the joy of Christ (Alma 31:38). When I see people like Amy and Anthony enter into the waters of baptism my soul rejoices! What an amazing baptism.
Pretty much the whole week was just pointing towards making this baptism a huge success. It was amazing. We got a bunch of investigators there and there was a plethora of non-members there. In fact most of the people there weren't members. Haha lots of our ward was out of town because it was Easter.
So right now is the very beginning of the new transfer and we are super excited. We have 5 solid investigators Whitney, Chanelle, Dustin, Melissa, and Casey. We met with Whitney this last week and she seemed really sad I don't know why. She said she fasted and she got the answers that she is looking for. But she still hasn't made any decisions about when she will be baptized. She went out of town this weekend and she attended church where she went. So that was cool. Chanelle is also doing well. She has decided that she doesn't want to be baptized until after her boyfriend, Jarom, leaves on his mission which is in 2 months. Well that's sad because I probably won't be there for that. So we pulled her aside at church and told her our opinion which is that your family will not be any more supportive after Jarom leaves then before. They just want him leave first so she won't want to be baptized. I don't know what she thought of it.
Dustin's doing pretty good. He came to the baptism and so did Chanelle. Melissa said the opening prayer at the baptism because she grew up in the church and just wasn't baptized and she is a good friend of Amy. She said she's not ready for baptism yet though. Casey we weren't able to see this week he's been going through a really hard time.
Well I wish you all could have been at the baptism. I had the chance to baptize Anthony and Elder Peterson baptized Amy. So we were all in white. We also sang He is Risen as the opening hymn. I remember the tradition we have as a family every Easter to go sing that song at the grave. Man I just about broke down. What an amazing message of Easter. Death is conquered, man is free, Christ has won the victory. I know that this is true! I love you all thanks for your support.
Love Elder Johnson
