Sunday, April 1, 2012

Falling down 14 steps

So this week was the beginning of spring break for the U of O students and as such there are a LOT of people out of town. So we had more time to focus on the less actives and help them more.

So we are still teaching Dustin and everything seems to be going well. He still doesn't think he believes in God (but he really does he just doesn't know it). But at the last lesson we had him say the closing prayer. After the prayer he said he felt really invigorated and he asked if he could stay in the church for a while and say a prayer on his own. We obviously said he could. We talked to him the next day and he said his prayer went very well and that he felt "in the zone." man it's frustrating He knows it's true!

Ok so on Wednesday we had a really good day scheduled. We woke up and did our morning schedule and right before we were about to start our studies we got a call from another missionary in our zone who said have you seen this weather I said no and then took a peak out the window and saw an incredibly rare sight for Oregon; 8 inches of snow. Almost every single one of our appointments cancelled because nobody in Eugene is used to that much snow. Fact I've been here all winter and this is the only time it has snowed at all so to get 8 inches is huge. So we did a lot of tracting which was pretty fun. We started to head down some stairs at an apartment complex and Elder Peterson slipped at the very first step and his legs slipped out in front of him and he fell down 14 steps. It was really funny. At least I thought it was funny I don't think Elder Peterson did.

Well the next day it was almost all melted. Only in Oregon.

Last but not least we taught Anthony who is still in line to be baptized on April 8th. Right now we have Amy and Anthony getting baptized that day. I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Man this is going to be the best Easter ever! He is doing very well. He just accepts everything we teach without question.

I love you all. And thank you for your prayers. I know that Heavenly Father hears everyone of them. They help me so much!

Love Elder Johnson